PI First Name:
PI last name:
Area/s of Research:
Assess inter-specific dynamics of Batrachochytrium dendrobatidis infection in three anuran communities in northwestern Baja California.
1. Examine Batrachochytrium dendrobatidis infection prevalence and intensity between frog and toad species in three communities (Rana draytonii, Anaxyrus boreas, Anaxyrus californicus, Spea hammondii, and Pseudacris hypochondriaca).
2. Examine Batrachochytrium dendrobatidis infection prevalence and intensity between seasons.
3. Determine if there is a relationship between temperature and Batrachochytrium dendrobatidis infection prevalence and intensity among seasons.
4. Determine if the exotic species American Bullfrog is acting as disease reservoir for Batrachochytrium dendrobatidis.
5. Determine the phylogenetic origin of Batrachochytrium dendrobatidis strains currently present in Baja California.