Wednesday, February 10, 2016 to Sunday, April 30, 2017
PI First Name:
PI last name:
Area/s of Research:
Task 1: Support TNC-North America’s Oceans Program with:
- Support the development of strategic guidance for TNC North America’s Oceans program by participating on the advisory committee as an ocean content expert
- Develop scaled guidance for North America Oceans and Coasts that will serve as the foundation for upcoming strategic retreat
- Serve as liaison among the Global Conservation by Design team, North America Oceans, and CA Chapter.
- Support the Director in mapping opportunity to augment funding for existing efforts and next steps.
Task 2: Support TNC-California’s Oceans Program with:
- Provide expertise in southern CA marine ecology and insights based on long experience in PISCO to help design and implement the marine portion of the TNC California’s Islands Rediscovery Project.
- Provide strategic analysis in support of TNC California’s fisheries science enterprise, specifically in the prioritization and focus of fishery engagements.
- Support a planned situational analysis of Collaborative Fisheries Research in California and the ongoing efforts to develop cost-effective underwater visual tools.