For the purpose of this project, the Environmental Market Solutions Lab (emLab) at the University of California Santa Barbara will work with the Standing Panel on Impact Assessment (SPIA) to coordinate a set of studies on the environmental impacts of CGIAR, a global partnership that unites organizations engaged in research for a food-secure future. Between May 2019 and April 2020, emLab will provide various forms of support for SPIA’s process to develop, select, and implement research proposals that aim to analyze the impact of certain agricultural innovations on the environment and their ability to protect against climate change. emLab will be responsible for the following project activities:
- Working with SPIA to design a call for EOIs to assess the environmental impacts of CGIAR;
- Developing a literature review and academically-rigorous framework to support the EOI evaluation and selection process;
- Creating a plan for coordinating and synthesizing selected proposals;
- Supporting SPIA’s scoping, soliciting, and reviewing of proposals; and
- Providing technical advice during the early stages of proposal implementation.