Task I: Review publicly available information on natural and artificial features in the area.
- Identify publicly available information and datasets of natural and artificial features in the area.
- Develop qualifiers to assess the confidence level of information and dataset to be included in inventory.
- Inventory both natural and artificial seafloor features structures within the area. Extract information into a spreadsheet format(s) that briefly describes each structure and records the GPS locational data, source reference, and confidence level for information.
- Review information from data sources to inform the ecological role of infrastructure in the area.
- Provide a general description of both natural and artificial features located within the area.
TASK II – Literature review on the ecological role of artificial infrastructure in the area.
The scope of the literature review will cover the following:
- Ecological role of infrastructure in the area including and not limited to the effects of artificial habitat and connectivity between natural and artificial infrastructure.
- Assessment of ecological role of artificial infrastructure in the area relative to pertinent natural habitat/features.
TASK III – Synthesize Tasks I and II.
- Discuss ecological implications from additional artificial infrastructure development in the context of the area as a case-study.